Korean Gatorade

Gatorade is a drink that I only find enjoyable if I'm really thirsty - at least in the States.  Korean Gatorade is different.  I love Korean Gatorade so much that it's my drink of choice here if I need to grab a bottle of something.

How is it different?  Korean Gatorade only comes in one color/flavor and it's not officially labeled with a "flavor" name.  It's pale yellow and is available in cans or bottles with English writing on one side and Hangul writing on the other.  The ingredients are written in Hangul.

UPDATE: New colors/flavors of Korean Gatorade are now available since this post was originally written but I still personally think the yellow flavor tastes the best.



Despite my efforts, I can't find any information (in English) about Korean Gatorade. However, you can tell simply by appearance and taste that Korean Gatorade and American Gatorade are not made from the same recipe.  American Gatorade is available on the military base here so I bought a bottle of Lemon-Lime for comparison.  

The color is obviously different.  American Lemon-Lime Gatorade is florescent yellow in comparison.  The Korean version must not have (or at least not as much of) Yellow 5 dye in it.  The taste is completely different as well.  American Lemon-Lime Gatorade has a strong flavor that is very sweet and tart.  Korean Gatorade is not tart at all and therefore is very easy to drink. It's not overly sweet and does not have an overpowering taste or smell.  It's difficult to describe but it's almost tastes like a very mild lemonade that it perfect for quenching thirst.


*******
"You have a choice.  You can throw in the towel or
you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face."
~Gatorade advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment