Swimming with Sea Turtles

I had been looking at the ocean in front of our house for two months without getting in it.  I'm not a big fan of water and didn't want to go in alone.  When my brother and his wife were visiting recently, I finally had someone to go snorkeling with and someone else to watch CC.  I'm thankful for the opportunity and we had an amazing time!

When the tide is low and the wind isn't too strong, the water is calm and perfect for snorkeling right in front of our house.  The coral around this island is not very colorful but there are a lot of colorful fish to be seen.  The numerous giant Green Sea Turtles that we saw were an added bonus.  It was such a surreal experience to swim alongside them!

I had a waterproof Olympus Tough TG-2 camera with me to take photos and video.  I was disappointed with the quality of the photos and video at first until I changed the AF Mode to Spot in the camera's menu which made all the difference.  Not bad for a little point and shoot camera!
















*******
"At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to
moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun."
~Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment